I don’t make a lot of cupcakes. However I got some new tips and wanted to try it out. I am super pleased. I been reading about cupcakes on my friends blog. ( From Failcakes to Cupcakes) She inspired me to try.. and I love how they turned out.
I posted the other day how I made fondant and fondant carrots. My family LOVED them too. I was beaming proud of them. ( HOW TO MAKE FONDANT CARROTS )
They were SOOOO DELICIOUS!!!! So moist. The recipe is my mom’s. She has made it all my life.
This recipe is for a 3 layer carrot cake using a 8-9 inch round pans. However it will make 30 cupcakes
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
2 cups plain flour, sifted
3 cups carrots, grated
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional and I did not use)
Ingredients for Frosting:
8 oz. Cream cheese
5 tblsp. butter or margarine
2 ½ cups Confectioners Sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons vanilla
To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and oil, then add beaten eggs and continue to beat well.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and then fold into creamed mixture.
- Blend in grated carrots and pecans (optional) and pour into cupcake liners 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake approx. 13-17 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely on racks, then apply Cream Cheese frosting.
To make frosting:
- Thoroughly cream together butter or margarine, and cream cheese.
- Blend in well sifted confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- Pipe on frosting on cupcakes