This is not like earth shattering dessert. HOWEVER it was a “DUH” moment for us.
I had left over cream cheese frosting from making cupcakes the week before and if I have frosting lest over I always save in the fridge.
I decided one night for desert to dip strawberries in them. OH MY HEAVENS!!! DESLISH!!!!! LOVED IT. The kids did too. I felt only half guilty for eating it. After all half of this dessert IS healthy after all… RIGHT?!?
Here is the recipe I used for my frosting–
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of butter
1 package 8 oz cream cheese
3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoon of whipping cream (or less)
- Butter and cream cheese to room temperature.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together for 30 seconds on high or until well whipped and creamy
- Mix in your whipping cream for a few seconds
- Mixing 1 cup at a time add in your confectioners sugar and mix till well incorporated.
- Frost or add your frosting to a piping bag and pipe onto your cupcakes.
- **Add your whipping cream slowly till you get the consistency you want/thickness**