They are REALLY YUMMY. Only change is we used FRESH pumpkin (2 cups) vs 1 can of canned (eekkk the horror)
Martha Stewart Recipe (cupcakes only)
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
* 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk (sometimes I use 1/4 cup water so I do not have to refrigerate the cupcakes later)
1 tablespoon maple flavoring
4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
* Melt butter in microwave
*Add in sifted confectioners sugar and hand mix
*Add in Milk & Maple Flavoring
You can either mix by hand but I used a hand mixer on high to whip it up a bit.
If it is too runny add more sugar. Makes enough frosting to frost 28 cupcakes.